Thursday, October 30, 2008

Oh Night Devine, OCCC

When I first saw this set I knew just what I wanted to create. I stamped the images on pieces of vellum with Stazon Black. I colored the images on the back of the vellum with Prisma Color Pencils blending the colors for a soft look. To make the frames I stamped the frame image on six pieces of Always Artichoke and three pieces of chipboard.I stamped the background with Weathered BG from Stampin Up. and stamped the frame with Black Craft and embossed with clear EP.
Cutting these out and have all the cuts match up was the tricky part. I used an Exacto Knife, it took patience but I did it. Whew! I used Sticky Tape to hold it all together and placed the hinges on the back of the Always Artichoke through the chipboard so that the arms of the brads open at the front side of the chipboard. I then covered them with the Artichoke stamped with the Weathered stamp, that way you will cover the brad arms so they don't show on the front of your work. After it is all put together I added Stickles to the front of the vellum. It looks beautiful with a Tea light behind it. It took a long time to make but it was worth it. I hope you like it. Thanks for visiting.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this set as soon as it came out last year. I am doing something similar with mine. You do beautiful work.
Blessings....Patty

Toni K said...

I love this! It's my favorite thing that you've ever done, that I've seen anyway. Just beautiful!

Cindy Haffner said...

Gorgeous.

ashermanPA said...

Thanks for sharing the birth of Jesus in such an awesome way. I'm using this set for my Christmas cards this year and you've given some great ideas. Blessings to you for keeping Christ in Christmas. Andrea in Lancaster PA

Bev's Wild Adventures said...

Deb...the pictures do not even do justice to how pretty this is in person. It truly i a "little work of art.

Amy Sheffer said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

WOW this is GORGEOUS!

Shirley said...

It is just beautiful! Perfectly beautiful!

Rosella said...

This is absolutely a beautiful way to display this set!! And I just got this set!! So, I hope you don't mind, but I am going to CASE this! THANK YOU !!