Monday, October 20, 2008

Honey, did you put the hotdogs away?

I couldn't resist. This little coon is so sneaky and he looks like he got his hand caught in the cookie jar. This is so like a raccoon to do something like this. When the kids were younger we raised baby coons. A mama coon was taken away and her three little ones were left behind and we just couldn't leave them to fend for themselves so we took care of them until they were ready to be on their own. They were so much fun and the kids learned so much being with them.
I always wanted this "Happy Camper" stamp set and finally bought it when it went on the retired list. Well, then I saw "Rocky Raccoon" from Whipper Snapper stamps and knew that they had to be together. I think I smiled the whole time I was creating this card. It is for my husband. He is such a sweetheart. He always encourages me in my art and I wanted him to know how much I appreciate him. He really liked it.
I masked the little trailer then sponged the sky and ground in and then stamped the trees. Rocky Raccoon is poped up and so is the hotdog. The man is from "Loads of Love Accessories". I used Prismacolor pencils, Copic Markers, Copic Glitter Pens, and ink pads to color the images. I hope that you like it.

3 comments:

Bev's Wild Adventures said...

Oh Deb...this makes me smile!!! I am so glad you posted it. Your cards are truly "Little Works of Art."
Love ya
Bevie

Toni K said...

How cute! Love that little coon!

Shirley said...

How adorable and cute too! Love it!